Wednesday, April 3, 2013

The Errant Origin of the Eucharist & for the Mass In Scripture

The Errant Origin of the Eucharist & for the Mass In Scripture

Matthew 13:9 Who hath ears to hear, let him hear. 10 And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables? 11 He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.

There is an importance to that reference above because believers really should not have a teaching based on a parable.

The errant origin of the Eucharist & the Mass in scripture is based on an answer that Jesus was giving to the Jews that were not believing what He spoke plainly to them before about that bread of life.

This is what the Jews were not believing in how to receive that bread of life to have eternal life.

John 6:33 For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world. 34 Then said they unto him, Lord, evermore give us this bread. 35 And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst. 36 But I said unto you, That ye also have seen me, and believe not.

Jesus told the Jews again about how to receive eternal life by believing in Him as that bread of life.

John 6:47 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life. 48 I am that bread of life.

From there, Jesus began speaking the hard thing to the Jews because they would not believe Him about how to receive that bread of life. This is where it becomes a parable because they refuse to believe how to receive the bread of life by coming to & believing in Him.

This is also the errant origin of the Eucharist and for the Mass.

John 6:49 Your fathers did eat manna in the wilderness, and are dead. 50 This is the bread which cometh down from heaven, that a man may eat thereof, and not die. 51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world. 52 The Jews therefore strove among themselves, saying, How can this man give us his flesh to eat? 53 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you. 54 Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day. 55 For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed. 56 He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him. 57 As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me. 58 This is that bread which came down from heaven: not as your fathers did eat manna, and are dead: he that eateth of this bread shall live for ever.

Proof that this reference above is why no church should be basing a practise on is when Jesus spoke the truth of that parable to His disciples what He had meant below.

John 6:60 Many therefore of his disciples, when they had heard this, said, This is an hard saying; who can hear it? 61 When Jesus knew in himself that his disciples murmured at it, he said unto them, Doth this offend you? 62 What and if ye shall see the Son of man ascend up where he was before? 63It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.
64 But there are some of you that believe not. For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were that believed not, and who should betray him.

So once again, Jesus tells His disciples how to receive the bread of life and that is by believing in Him which by declaring to His disciples that some of them did not believe in Him.

He had pointed out earlier that the flesh profiteth nothing, meaning that the eating thereof profits nothing, but believing Him and His words does.

That also means eating the bread & drinking the wine profits nothing as it is to be done in remembrance of Him. That's all it is about.

Luke 22:19 And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me. 20 Likewise also the cup after supper, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood, which is shed for you.

Would you rather do a practise that is based on what Jesus has said plainly to His disciples or do a practise as a continual sacrifice for sins that is based on what Jesus had said in a parable to the unbelieving Jews?

No comments:

Post a Comment