Wednesday, April 3, 2013

1 Corinthians 15:33Be not deceived: evil communications corrupt good manners.

Originally Posted by Albion View Post
The term derives from the Roman word meaning an emblem or symbol.
Did the apostles use the term ever? Answer: No.

What is the origin of sacrament as introduced into the churches? Answer: The RCC in defining grace as a work by the use of the term sacrament.

At this link below shows why sacrament should be dropped as it equates sacrament even for the Protestant to a work and not just the Lord's Supper, but to baptism as well. Then reading on, we see the works of catholicism. This is proof that Martin Luther was not done reproving from the works of catholicism in keeping the faith which is the good fight.

Sacrament | Define Sacrament at Dictionary.com

Romans 11:5 Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace. 6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then it is no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.

Now the Protestant churches may agree with those verses above, but do their words & practises match up? I would say no.

We have such a hard time pinning Catholics down on their doctrines when their catechism speaks out of both sides of their mouths, saying one thing and yet saying something else that opposes what they had just said, leaving their faith in Jesus Christ in doubt.

If the Protestant churches want the Catholic Churches to do away with traditions, words, and practises that are not scriptural and that are opposing themselves by the scripture, then the Protestant churches have to lead by example.

Years ago, I read on the internet that Lutheran leaders in the British Isles now say that it was a mistake to leave the RCC which is to me, evidence of what happens when they do not get rid of the small leaven of catholicism as it will leaven into a whole lump... and yet, we are called to come out of the world so that our light will be seen by men.

John 7:7The world cannot hate you; but me it hateth, because I testify of it, that the works thereof are evil.

John 15:19If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.

John 17:13 And now come I to thee; and these things I speak in the world, that they might have my joy fulfilled in themselves. 14 I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. 15 I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil.

Matthew 12:33 Either make the tree good, and his fruit good; or else make the tree corrupt, and his fruit corrupt: for the tree is known by his fruit. 34 O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh. 35 A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things. 36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. 37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

1 Corinthians 15:33Be not deceived: evil communications corrupt good manners.

Ephesians 4:29Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. 30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

Psalm 19: 12 Who can understand his errors? cleanse thou me from secret faults. 13 Keep back thy servant also from presumptuous sins; let them not have dominion over me: then shall I be upright, and I shall be innocent from the great transgression. 14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer.

May the Lord of Whom I trust as my Good Shepherd, continue to help me to be a true witness of Him and show no partiality toward wicked works. Reply With Quote

1 comment: